Python for Finance
Would you be interested in learning about how Python can be applied in the Finance world?
Don’t worry if you have never coded before as we will start from the very basics.
Python Essential 1, is ideal for students who are unfamiliar with Python or who want to refresh their expertise.
After that, you’ll go on to Python Essential 2 and gain a deeper understanding of the language.
And it gets better too! This course’s financial component will teach you in-demand practical abilities and prepare yourself to take on financial calculations and tables automation tasks.
This course is great, even if you are an experienced programmer, as it will teach you a great deal about the finance context.
- Introduction to Python and Computer Programming
- Data Types, Variables, Basic I/O Operations, Basic Operators
- Boolean Values, Conditional Execution, Loops, Lists. Logical and Bitwise Operators.
- Functions, Tuples, Dictionaries, and Data Processing
- Modules, Packages and PIP
- Strings, String and List Methods, Exceptions
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Generators, iterators and closures
- Working with file-system, directory tree and files
- Selected Python Standard Library modules
Python in Finance
- Basic file/directory automation
- Build solutions to automate repetitive tasks for financial audit
- Basic automation of tables in Excel
- Using cron jobs (Windows Schedular) to automatically run Python jobs on a regular basis
- Using Pandas to extract data from PDF files